Your code sucks and I hate you

It's been a while since I posted any code. I've been very very busy actually working and haven't had a chance to update the 'ol blog. Today we're getting away from straight code and getting more into the soft side of programming. I read an interesting article on code reviews. You should take a look at it over here:

Your code sucks and I hate you

Code reviews are something we do every time code gets checked into the main base line. They are important and help ensure high quality of code. However if you don't take some care they can quite easily get out of hand and develop into a personality/pissing contest between people. If you follow some decent guidelines you will find yourself amazed by the results. I know I hated code reviews in the past but have found them very helpful in uncovering bugs before they went into production. It does take some letting go of the ego but if you go in with the right attitude they will make you a better programmer/engineer/whatever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

String.Replace vs Regex.Replace

C# Form Application in Kiosk Mode/Fullscreen

C# using a transaction with ODBC